Over the next 10 weeks we will be publishing the headline news and key data gained from the cumulative insights from the 2017, 2018 and 2019 Women’s Sat Nav to Success UK research surveys*.
The purpose is to support your 2020 + planning by giving you clarity on what matters most and can make the most difference in closing your gender pay gap. You can then select strategies and focus your resources knowing that they will succeed.
Here is the series that will be published here and on LinkedIn:
- The first domino. Understanding the trigger issue: the contribution-to-value gap.
- The cognitive bias that stops you succeeding, by stopping you trying. Why you might be deluding yourself in thinking ‘it’s OK here’.
- Focusing resources where it matters: the most pivotal impact points undermining the progression of female talent.
- Spotlight on the Part-Time Penalty that could e transformed into competitive advantage.
- Leveraging the positives: the hidden strategies that already make the difference.
- Bringing it all together: the roadmap for success.
In a hurry for the answers? You can contact me direct if you would like an in-depth presentation and discussion of these insights and the implications of the roadmap to success and for your organisation.
*The Women’s Sat Nav to Success Research Surveys, sponsored by workingmums.co.uk and LV=
The aim of the annual Women’s Sat Nav to Success research surveys is to provide employers, professional institutions and policy makers, as well as individuals, with a clear picture of specifically what changes can be made to make tangible and sustainable progress in accessing the benefits of more rational gender balance in the workplace.
‘Strategic enablers of success’
The survey is underpinned by the portfolio of strategic enablers of success, identified in the foundation phase of our research, which included interviews with female leaders from across a comprehensive range of fields and functions. This in-depth qualitative research examined over 900 years’ worth of contemporary women’s career experiences across English-speaking countries to distil the strategies, insights and behaviours which were most significant in enabling them to successfully navigate the labyrinth to achieving their career potential. Full details are within ‘Understand:Dare:Thrive. How to have your best career’, (www.unbound.com/books/understand-dare-thrive).
A consistent condensed suite of these strategic enablers of success form the basis of each annual Women’s Sat Nav to Success research survey.
Given this basis, the survey covers an integrated, holistic range of factors that can significantly affect women’s recognition, opportunities, progression, support and rewards – not just those that are perhaps the most obvious in terms of accelerating progression – as real progress relies on being aware of the role and importance of all the major influencing factors.
The research surveys measure:
- Respondents’ status against the condensed suite of strategic enables of success.
And, for each strategic enabler of success, it measures how this may influence their:
- Engagement with their organisation.
- Motivation to progress their career.
Clearly, these factors are fundamental to enabling both organisations and individuals to thrive.
Contact me if you are interested in becoming a sponsor or official supporter of the 2020 Sat Nav to Success Survey which opens on February 14th